Donal Skehan’s caramel tiramisu are individual servings of sponge biscuits soaked in espresso and layered with a rich mascarpone cream, dulce de leche caramel, dark and white chocolate.
Source: UKTV Food
Sweet Dulce de Leche, Bitter Dark Chocolate & Espresso, Rich Cream. Try a glass of the Sweet Marsala used in the recipe, it works well with the Caramel and compliments the other bitter, rich elements.
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 120g caster sugar
- 500g mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g Italian sponge fingers, also known as savoiardi di fonni
- 300ml cold espresso coffee
- a splash of marsala, or sweet wine
- 50g best quality dark chocolate, in large thick shavings
- 250g dulce de leche
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 50g white chocolate, in large thick shavings
- 100g amaretti biscuits, crumbled